Wow, we made a post finally!!!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Best Dad Ever (at least that's what I thought)

When we were at Disneyland the first ride that Bruin wanted to go on was the Dumbo ride. He had just seen the movie before we went to Paris, and was excited to ride with Dumbo, though he wanted Dumbo to have a feather. Kathy pushed Logan through the shops while Bruin and I waited. While I was waiting in line with Bruin, he noticed that some of their hats were green. He told me that he wanted to ride a green one. I realized that almost all of the hats looked green, some were obviously bluish, or yellow, but a lot seemed like they could be green. (I'm red-green color-blind mind you.) Finally, after an hour and a half, we got near the front of the line. The operator let a large group through, and it looked like we'd get second choice on the next round. "Great," I thought, "we're sure to get a green one." Then the operator came back and said there were two open. We had to go out. One of the Dumbo's was clearly not green, and when I asked Bruin where a green one was, he pointed toward the other empty cart. So I hustled over and hopped in before the other father son duo could get it. They had to ride the non-green one. Triumph I thought, Bruin must think I'm the best dad ever.


About 2 hours later as we were heading to lunch with the characters, Kathy says to me, "so was Bruin upset that he wasn't able to ride in a green one?" First I say, "how did you know he would want a green one?" Then it hits me, "that wasn't a green one! Gah!" Confidence fading, I murmur, "pretty good I guess, he didn't even complain..."

I guess Bruin was pointing at a green one near the one we got on.

No comments: