Wow, we made a post finally!!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

All dressed up and waiting to go

Things are getting better. We get to shoot. A lot. And we get to shoot even more tomorrow. I did pretty good on the pistol, I got two perfect scores, a feat unmatched in our class of 64. Though a good deal of them have never shot before. The food seems to be getting better, or I lowered my expectations so low that it now exceeds them. Either way, I'm actually looking forward to Djibouti for the food. Our Platoon has mostly Djibouti people in it, the new lawyer, AOPS, COMSTA OIC, and plenty of enlisted folks. We're all pretty laid back and having a decent time dealing with the knowledge that we will have almost zero chance to use anything that we are learning here. Of course, it's better to not have to go to a place that requires you to use guns and body armor on a regular basis.




Here I am in our battle rattle, which we wear most of the day. I have a huge increase in appreciation for what the soldiers and Marines patrolling the streets of Bahgdad go through. Just walking around in this gear is hard, actually patrolling and fighting with your life on the line is ridiculous.





And here's the piece of space where I get to sleep with 30 or so other guys in a bunk house.



I miss Kathy and the boys a ton. It's nice to be able to talk to them on the phone, but I'd rather play with them and go with Bruin to Karate class, while keeping Logan occupied while Dylan spits up. I thank God every day for giving me such a wonderful wife and boisterous boys.

No comments: