Wow, we made a post finally!!!

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hopping across the globe

We left Columbia, SC on Thursday at around 5 pm. We stopped for 1.5 hours in NYC to refuel then flew to a small airfield in Germany to refuel for another 2 hours and then flew on to Kuwait. We arrived here about 2300 on the 29th, which means that I get February tax free, plus all of the bonus pays, yay! Kuwait and Djibouti are 8 hours ahead of EST. We are supposed to fly to Qatar tomorrow and then from there to Djibouti on Monday. It's great to finally be getting this trip started so that it can start getting finished. It's pretty warm here and dusty. Some of the more sheltered folks are in a bit of shell shock living in tents with shower trailers and outhouses. Seems down right fancy to me. The shower and bathroom trailers are a little nicer than one I used to use in Sicily. I'll post pictures when I get to Djibouti.

No comments: